Is it me or did this year fly by so fast? Ask yourself, did you reach your goals? Did you accomplish anything on your New Years Resolution? Was this a year to remember or a year to forget?
Well, if you accomplished something this year, I really hope you have a better credit score today than you did a year ago and if that’s not the case, don’t worry, there is still time left and I am giving you a few hacks that will help you celebrate as you ring in the New Year.
1. Face it! Changes occur when we accept our current circumstances and realize we need help. (denying you have bad credit is a sure way to it never improving)
2. Begin paying on the “Statement Date” instead of the Due Date. Your payments are reported to each bureau much quicker.
3. Pay more than the minimum. Paying down your debt quickly is the fastest way to
4. Have a desired credit score in mind. For instance, if you have a 580 fico score today, make it a goal to increase your score 50 points by summer. Having something to measure and
5. Enroll in a credit monitoring site where you can consistently keep an eye on your credit and improvements you will be making.
Change is never easy but those that create a plan of action mixed with effort and dedication will soon begin to reap the rewards of seeing their lives improve and in your case, your credit score.
I believe in you and as your credit coach, I am here to guide you along the way. Good luck and if you have a question, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org